November 28, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience and to help improve our ability and our business partners’ ability to provide services to you. We collect information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with our websites, and mobile services.
We may collect the following categories of personal information. Not all categories may be collected about every individual or in every instance in which an individual uses the Sites:
- Personal identifiers, such as name and physical address
- Device and online identifiers and related information, such as telephone numbers and email addresses
- Internet, application, and network activity, such as cookie IDs, IP address, and browser visits
- Financial information, such as credit and debit card numbers and claims information
- Purchase and/or search history information, such as products you have looked at, bought, and returned
- Location information, such as geo-location information
- Audio, visual, and other sensory information, such as audio and video recordings
- Individual preferences and characteristics, such as inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect information from you in a variety of ways. It may be:
- Provided directly by you or a member of your household
- Collected from information stored on or provided by a device associated with you or your household
- Collected from an external third-party source
Our goal is to limit the information we collect to the information that we determine is needed to support our business.
Information Provided Directly by You or a Member of Your Household: Live Savvy Shopper collects personal information about you when you interact with our Sites, including when you create an account, join our mailing or text list, make a purchase, or engage in a call, email exchange or online chat with our customer service representatives. The information we may collect includes the categories listed above as well as any other information that you choose to share with us.
Information Collected from a Device Associated with You or Your Household We Automatically Collect: We may automatically collect personal information from devices that you use to interact with our Sites, as well as from your interaction with emails that we send to you. The personal information we automatically collect may include your IP address, browser type, device type, the webpage you visited before coming to our Site, pages you visited on our Sites, time spent on those pages, information you searched for on the Sites, when and for how long you visited the Sites, and similar information, which we collect through cookies, beacons, and other technologies. The information we automatically collect will be associated with any personal information that you have provided to us.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Live Savvy Shopper may use the personal information it collects about you for a number of purposes, including without limitation:
- To fulfill your order or requests for services and provide customer service
- To create and maintain your account
- To conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement
- To conduct marketing and personalization including, in addition to the Sites, with respect to product offers available on other websites operated by 40 Boxes Inc.
- To share with brands and merchants whose products you purchase on the Sites unless you have chosen to opt out from our sharing such information with such brands and merchants
- To protect the security and integrity of our Sites including websites and mobile services as well as our business, and help prevent fraud
- To update our operational and technical functionality
- To conduct business analysis, such as analytics, projections, identifying areas for operational improvement
- To conduct research and development
- To fulfill our legal obligations
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications you receive from us. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your request to unsubscribe from further marketing emails from our Sites.
WHEN WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Live Savvy Shopper may share your personal information with other third parties, including law enforcement authorities, where we determine that doing so is appropriate to:
- enforce our Terms of Service;
- protect our property, services, and legal rights, and the rights of others;
- provide maintenance services, database management, and similar site-related services;
- prevent physical harm to persons or the property of others;
- prevent fraud or other illegal activity against Live Savvy Shopper and others;
- support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions;
- comply with subpoenas, court orders, or similar legal processes, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators and courts; or
- comply with applicable law.
Merchant and Brand Privacy Policies
Unless you have elected to opt out by unchecking the applicable box, 40 Boxes may provide your personal information to brands and merchants whose products you purchase on the Sites for these third parties direct marketing of their products and other business purposes. In such event, the use of such information (and any other information which you may separately provide) will be subject to the privacy policies of such merchants and brands in effect from time to time
You may opt out from our continuing to share your information for these purposes prospectively by contacting us at email@example.com.
Aggregated, Non-Identifying Information: Live Savvy Shopper may share aggregated or other information that is not individually identifiable (and is not personal information) with third parties including in connection with industry analysis, demographic analysis, targeted ad delivery or other purposes. This may include Disney, ABC or other promotional partners whether or not you have elected to opt in to provide personal information to such entities for marketing purposes.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE TO EACH TYPE OF THIRD PARTY:
We may share your personal information with certain categories of third parties, including as described below.
Types of Third Parties to Which the Personal Information Was Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Those we are legally required to share with
Service providers that receive data in order to provide services to us (e.g. technology providers, cloud storage providers, etc.)
Our suppliers, marketplace vendors or brands whose products you purchase on the Sites
We also may use "pixel tags," "web beacons," and other technologies on our Sites to collect usage, demographic, and geographic location data, which allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns.
Some internet browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome) offer their own opt outs for interest-based advertising. The ad networks and ad service providers we participate with may not recognize these opt outs. Information about how to opt out of certain online interest-based advertising is discussed in the next section of this policy.
ADVERTISING RELATED ACTIVITIES
HOW TO MODIFY OR DELETE PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can request that we review, modify, and delete your personal account information by contacting us. If you request that we delete your personal information, your account may become deactivated. If you would like us to modify or delete your account information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that we delete your personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
HOW Live Savvy Shopper PROTECTS PERSONAL INFORMATION
Live Savvy Shopper has implemented an information security program that includes administrative, technical and physical controls designed reasonably to safeguard your personal information.
BUSINESS TRANSFERS AND CORPORATE CHANGES
We reserve the right to disclose, sell, or transfer all information related to the Sites, including personal information:
- to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of one or more of the Sites; or
- in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, or restructuring; the sale of of stock and/or assets, in whole or in part, or other corporate change, including, without limitation, during the course of any due diligence process.
INFORMATION WE TRANSFER
Our Sites are general audience sites not directed at children under the age of 18. If we obtain actual knowledge that any information we collect has been provided by a child under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Sites.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”):
If you are a California resident, you can make certain requests regarding your personal information. We will fulfill each of these requests to the extent required by law.
- You can ask us what personal information we have about you, including a list of categories of your personal information that we have sold and a list of categories of your personal information that we have shared with another company for a business purpose.
- You can ask us to delete your personal information.
- You can ask that we stop selling your personal information.
More information on each of these requests is below.
- What personal information do you collect about me? If you make this request, we will return to you (to the extent required by law):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collect your personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have sold, along with the category of any other company we sold it to. Any of the categories of personal information that we collect could be included in a sale to other companies, including those within our corporate family. If we have not sold your personal information, we will inform you of that fact.
- A list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the category of any other company we shared it with.
- You can ask us to provide you with this information up to two times in a rolling twelve-month period. When you make this request, the information provided may be limited to personal information we collected about you in the previous 12 months.
- Delete My Personal Information: You have the right to ask that we delete your personal information. Once we receive a request, we will delete the personal information (to the extent required by law) we hold about you as of the date of your request from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. In some cases, deletion may be accomplished through de-identification of the information. Choosing to delete your personal information may impact your ability to use our websites and online features, including closure of your online account, and limit your use of functions that require your personal information.
- Stop Selling My Personal Information: . If you are a California resident, you have a right to “opt-out” of the “ sale” of your “personal information.” To do so, please email email@example.com. You may also do so here or by using our toll free number for such purpose which is 844-626-1094.
Below is a chart showing the types of personal identifiers that we may have sold in the previous 12 months.
Categories of Third Parties to whom the Personal Information may be Sold
Categories of Personal Information Sold
Advertising companies (like ad servers, advertising agencies, technology vendors, providers of sponsored content, and others)
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights. This generally means we will not deny you goods or services, charge different prices or rates, provide a different level of service or quality of goods, or suggest that you might receive a different price or level of quality for goods. Please know, if you ask us to delete or stop selling your data, it may impact your experience with us, and you may not be able to participate in certain programs or membership services which require usage of your personal information to function.
To exercise the California privacy rights for requesting or deleting your personal information, please click “Request for Personal Information” at the bottom of this page.
Verifying Your Identity for Requests to Access or Delete Personal Information
We take the privacy of your personal information seriously and want to ensure that we provide only you or your authorized agent with your personal information. The CCPA also requires that we verify the identity of each person who makes a request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you.
What personal information do I provide to verify my identity?
To verify your identity, we ask you to provide your:
How do you verify my identity?
We may verify your identity in a few different ways. We may work with a third party identification service to help us verify your identity and prevent fraudulent requests. When you make your request, you will be asked to answer a few questions about yourself to help us validate your identity. If you have an online account, we may ask you to log into your account and complete a one-time passcode validation.
In some instances, we may ask you to provide other documentation to verify your identity. If this happens, we will reach out to you directly with this request.
What if you can’t verify my identity?
If we can’t verify your identity, we will not be able to process your request to know what personal information we have about you or to delete the personal information we have about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with a high degree of certainty, we will only be able to provide a report with category-level information and we may not be able to delete some of your information.
How to Submit a Request Using an Authorized Agent
An authorized agent is a person or business who has authorization to request to know what personal information we have about you, to delete the personal information we have about you, or to opt out of the sale of personal information on behalf of a California resident. Authorized agents use the same links described above to submit requests.
If you are submitting a request on behalf of another person, we require a valid power of attorney and a signed attestation form. If you do not have a valid power of attorney, we require an authorization document and a copy of the consumer’s government-issued photo identification in addition to our attestation form. Our attestation form can be downloaded from the request form.
How do I send you my documentation?
If you submit a request on our website, you will be asked to upload this documentation when you submit your request. If you submit your request over the phone, you will be asked to email your forms to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, you will have 10 business days to provide all required documentation.
Your California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light
If you are a California resident, California law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by Live Savvy Shopper to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes within the immediately preceding calendar year. Live Savvy Shopper will provide you with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed and a list of the names and addresses of the third parties. To make such a request, please write us at: email@example.com.
DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
Some browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our Sites do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
In the European Union (“EU”), the processing of personal identifiable data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”). Under the GDPR, personal identifiable data (“PII”) is defined as: “Any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.” We comply with obligations under GDPR by keeping PII up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data or data; by protecting PII from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect PII. The legal bases for Live Savvy Shopper processing activities include processing such information as necessary to comply with our contractual obligations, compliance with our legal obligations, protecting the safety of our employees, users and others, for our legitimate business interests, and pursuant to your consent. In addition, without limitation of the foregoing, Live Savvy Shopper does not acknowledge the general applicability of the GDPR to its operations because it is not the intention of Live Savvy Shopper to offer goods and services in the EU, to market or sell to persons within the EU, to ship to addresses within the EU or to collect information concerning users known by Live Savvy Shopper to be within the EU.
SMS/MMS MOBILE MESSAGE MARKETING PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
If you elect to participate in our SMS mobile messaging program, you will be separately asked to agree to the SMS/MMS Mobile Message Marketing Program Terms and Conditions which can be found here.